Author Topic: 2024/10: Sweet Home (J) (NES) - zagato blackfist  (Read 2937 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2024/10: Sweet Home (J) (NES) - zagato blackfist
« on: September 30, 2024, 09:30:26 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to zagato blackfist's Sweet Home (J) (NES) maps.

Hoping to recover some valuable paintings, five filmmakers explore an old mansion owned by a famous artist.  They soon find themselves trapped, as the ghost of a mysterious woman threatens to eliminate all trespassers.  Will you be able to solve the mystery of the Mamiya mansion and escape with all five characters alive?

"Sweet Home" is based on, and developed alongside, the horror film of the same name, though the game is generally considered the better of the two.  This Japanese Famicom exclusive horror RPG is a landmark video game, paving the way for survival horror.  It would be the inspiration for Resident Evil, also by Capcom.

zagato blackfist has carefully mapped out the twisted and dangerous mansion in great detail.  Its over 100 doors are labelled, and its many items are described.  To get the best ending, you'll need as many of your team alive as possible by the end, and referring to zagato's efforts here might be your best bet!

So to recognize the effort put into mapping this influential horror game, zagato blackfist's Sweet Home (J) (NES) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for October 2024.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 05:49:48 pm by JonLeung »

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

Re: 2024/10: Sweet Home (J) (NES) - zagato blackfist
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 10:48:35 am »
Good choice for October with Halloween coming right up. This game has a creepy atmosphere in general with some disturbing imagery here and there. Surely it would have come with some kind of warning for young audiences if it had been licensed in North America back then. It's such a well made game though, shame it never had a chance over here.

As always, thanks for the feature!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 05:44:06 pm »
Great job zagato blackfist!

This reminds me, I should really watch the movie the game is based on. I have a dubbed copy that's been siting on my SSD for a few years now...
Current project:
Mega Man: Powered Up (PSP)

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 01:38:34 am »
Are you meen this japanese 1989 film?
Is the movie interesting? Is it worth watching?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2024, 08:36:08 pm »
Yep, that's the one.

I haven't seen it yet but maybe someone else has...?
Current project:
Mega Man: Powered Up (PSP)