Author Topic: 2024/08: Shadow Of The Ninja (NES) - sonyball  (Read 3835 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2024/08: Shadow Of The Ninja (NES) - sonyball
« on: July 31, 2024, 09:25:37 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to sonyball's Shadow Of The Ninja (NES) maps.

In the year 2029, Emperor Garuda tyrannically reigns over New York City.  Can anyone save the world from his evil plans of domination?  Well, one or two ninjas might.  Playing as Hayate and/or Kaede, this adventure for one or two players has your ninja(s) of the Iga clan penetrating Garuda's defenses and making their way to the madman himself.

From last month's theme of sunlight to this month's theme of shadow, we recognize Shadow Of The Ninja in time for the release of Shadow Of The Ninja: Reborn, a remake on all the major consoles and PC.  But if you want to enjoy the NES original, too, sonyball has maps of this.  It may be short and linear, but it is one of those great-looking 8-bit action games with sharp, detailed graphics, reminiscent of Batman, Vice: Project Doom, Shatterhand, and the Ninja Gaiden games.

So to recognize the effort put into mapping this oldschool ninja platformer, sonyball's Shadow Of The Ninja (NES) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for August 2024.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 01:29:25 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Cyartog959

Re: 2024/08: Shadow Of The Ninja (NES) - sonyball
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 09:07:16 pm »
Well, you sure picked a fitting time and game to be chosen in the Maps of the Month featurette in honor of its remake's launch later on. I'm thrilled.

I already know that once the remake's launched and after some time, maps are going to be seen, and not just because of the more beautiful hi-bit pixel art people will want to see, because I've read the remake's included a whole new 6th stage, so I presume that'll be mapped, once the game's launched.

I'm sure people are going to have plenty of fun with the remake, but we cannot forget the original NES version Natsume provided us. Regardless of remakes, the originals must still be honored, preserved, and perpetually playable for all people to play beyond decades. There's no denying it.

Emperor Garuda's got no chance against those two hero ninjas, Hayate and Kaede, so he and his evil army had better watch out! They're coming after 'em!