Author Topic: Shinobi 3DS Maps  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Cyartog959

Shinobi 3DS Maps
« on: June 18, 2024, 02:07:32 am »
I just forgot one overlooked installment in the Shinobi series, Shinobi for the Nintendo 3DS... or Shinobi 3DS, if you prefer.

I actually never knew how long, complex, or challenging that game's maps were, but I felt they were long, maybe longer than Shinobi III. Must've been fun for those that enjoyed that game.

Had a small memory lane trip about that game, and felt I should bring this to any mapper's attention. If anyone's up to their schedule, well, I'd like to see Shinobi 3DS' maps to the VGMaps atlas.

Offline Cyartog959

Re: Shinobi 3DS Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 09:50:51 am »
That game was made by Griptonite Games for that system and was a fine ninja game for it, even though it was delayed from Sep. to Nov. in 2011, 'cause of 3DS' slow sales at that time, but for long, nobody ever knew how long the stages were or counted how many maps in each stage have before getting to the end.

People that played it their first time had thoughts about their length upon passing through one map to the next until they reached the boss in its last map. I'd guess theirs were "How much longer is this stage taking?", "Another section? I thought I was close to finishing it!", or, "When will this level end?".

Well, I'd really like to know how long their stages were and how many maps each stage has. It kinda crossed me when remembering that game. Sure, it can be tough, but I'm still certain its worth the effort to map each and every stage there.

Hope anyone's up to the challenge.