Author Topic: Out of town April 28 - May 1  (Read 11180 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Out of town April 28 - May 1
« on: April 25, 2016, 05:41:07 pm »
I'm out of town between April 28 and May 1.  Going to nearby(ish) Calgary for the Expo, going to get my picture taken with Charles Martinet (voice of Mario and Luigi and others) and other cool people.

Figures I get a bunch of submissions today...will do my best to get them up before I go!

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Out of town April 28 - May 1
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:59:05 pm »
Have a great time!

...And is it weird that I never noticed both voices were by the same guy?
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Out of town April 28 - May 1
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:23:55 am »
I thought it was you that has commented much on French voice actors her before...isn't "Martinet" French?

And by virtue of him voicing different characters, they would have different voices, so it's not necessarily evident that they would be by the same person if they are versatile enough.  (Like Optimus Prime and Ironhide from Transformers being voice by Peter Cullen, and he's had conversations with himself.)  Though yes, sometimes you can tell when it's the same voice actor if you hear enough of their work.  I recognize Rob Paulsen's voice, for instance, which was funny in that TMNT episode a couple weeks ago (which seemed way too similar plot-wise to the direct-to-video movie Turtles Forever a few years back, in that the current Turtles meet their 1987 animated counterparts and briefly, their 1984 original comic versions) where Rob Paulsen voiced both the 1987 Raphael and the 2012 Donatello, and there was even a joke about that.

Besides voicing Mario and Luigi, Charles Martinet also voices Wario, Waluigi, and all their variations (Dr. Mario, Metal Mario, Paper Mario, Baby Mario, Mini-Mario toys, Shadow Mario, Dr. Luigi, Paper Luigi, Dream Luigi, Baby Luigi, Baby Wario, etc.), Toadsworth, the male Piantas from Super Mario Sunshine and onwards, all the bosses in Super Mario Advance, pretty much everybody in Super Punch-Out!!, so yeah, he's been in a lot of stuff.

Offline Bentjudges

Out of town April 28 May 1
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:15:16 am »
Will be out of town this weekend.

Return Sunday evening.