Author Topic: Board Theme  (Read 18569 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Board Theme
« on: April 19, 2006, 10:29:13 am »
So, the themes are cool. Even cooler is that the themes can be created from scratch. I propose that anyone interested throw out some suggestions for how they would like to see the boards look and we can have our own 'VGMaps' theme.

Any takers?

---

Cool beans

Offline Inty

RE: Board Theme
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:35:06 am »
I was gonna make a VGMaps theme, but i don't think many people will like an all white forum theme. It looks good on the homepage VGMaps..but it'll make the forums look cluttered. But still a good idea.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:36:23 am »
Through all my concerns that I've been throwing at Inty, I haven't had much time to actually look at the new features, or the different ways that particular features have been implemented.

Posts like this are helping me feel better about what we do have.

Back on topic, no, I haven't really looked at the themes, but I will soon, now that you mentioned it.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:45:47 am »
I wouldn't suggest an all white board, but the compass logo could be worked in, and some 8 bit images of characters or something.

Or it doesn't need to be based on the site. I just called it a VGMap theme because it was created by us, not some other board host.

---

Cool beans

Offline Inty

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:53 am »
Yeah, it's very possible. But you mapmakers are the graphics designers. So put some nice gradients together. And i'll incorperate it into a VGMaps theme wit the logo and everything.

---

Listen well...will you marry me? Are you well in the suffering?
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:52 am »
I'm not sure yet how customizable the themes are, but I would very much like the offical VGMaps theme to look like the site as much as possible (yes, lots of white), and that would be the default.  I'm sure we could have other variants based off of that, but I have concerns other than the theme for now.  You guys can certainly start making a VGMaps theme if you want, but don't be surprised if I have "suggestions" for changes if I don't like it.  :P